Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Great Building














This brilliant Prep School came into view as I rounded a corner a week ago. I was so struck with the cleverness of the design that I had to stop and take a few pictures to share the experience.


It's called Colour Land and it's in the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus. And yes the bright sunshine does really help the colours to work on the imagination. Think what it must be like to be a kid who goes there. Fantastic.

I was blown away by the pencils that are in the walls, the relationship of the wonderfully bright colours that really go together so well and the irregular boxes that are the classes inside.

I don't know but may be you graduate from red to blue when your drawings get bigger and from green to orange when you've had another birthday.

It includes activity rooms for computer education, music, drama, television and a hall for physical activities. There is also a picnic area and an inner garden.

The school is offering education for children up to 6 both in English and Turkish and parents will be able to see their children at play and work via an Internet link.

That's creativity for you. Well done to whoever designed and built it and yes I wish I could go there. I wonder if they have supplies of Koloron?

Regards Mike





No comments: